EVEN IN THE CLOUDS YOU CAN HAVE EXHIBITIONS AND LECTURES
On the roof of DOX Center for Contemporary Art in Holešovice, Prague, a unique airship has landed. It is a unique steel-wood 42 meters long and 55 tons heavy construction that can accommodate about 120 people. This versatile space will be used for exhibitions, lectures, screenings and other cultural events.
What challenges did we have to overcome?
- The atypical shape of the airship has complicated the wiring, it was necessary to design special fasteners.
- Due to the visible installation of cables, we’ve had to focus on visual appearance as well.
- The anchorage could not disturb the statics of the wooden coverage.
Our designers designed a very simple system with minimal cabling associated with high-powered wiring in order to reduce the amount of interference with the structure. The cleanliness of the installation was managed by our trained technicians.
- Video part of the system consists of NEC P502HL laser projector and MW Maxxscreen installed in the center of the airship.
- PA sound system consists of four Yamaha VXS5W speakers distributed on each side. Each speaker is individually connected to its channel in Yamaha XMV8140 multi-channel power amplifer. The Yamaha MTX5-D audio matrix processor is used to set delays, equalization or dynamic parameters. We have also installed Sennheiser ew 300 wireless microphone system.
- Extron control panel is installed near the entrance for basic user control of the AV system. Detailed system setup can be operated from software or web interface of each end device. Other AV equipment can be connected to waterproof AV panel.
PSN Europe – Yamaha audio system ‘flies’ in Prague art gallery’s airship space